Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back to Genesis - Race to 34 weeks

Last Saturday, March 2, 3 weeks after my cerclage, I found myself back at Genesis.  This time around, more complications happened, shortened cervix, preterm contractions, low amniotic fluid, stagnated fetal growth, etc.  Hayayay! It was as if we were back at where we started weeks ago. 

This time around, my OB was more aggressive in her approach.  More medicines, shots, treatment for APS and longer time at the hospital.  Spent 5 days at Genesis (delivery room of Asian Hospital) and 2 days at the regular room.  I still consider myself lucky because for 3 days, due crowding in the triage area, they had to transfer me to the birthing room.  Hence, I had the pleasure of a television for quite some time. 

Sorry, no photos because I had no bathroom privileges for a week :(
Just to let you know that I'm now resting at home with stricter bed rest compliance.
The injections everyday seem to do their work for my amniotic fluid increased.
I would need to work on the baby's weight and making sure I don't move in the weeks to come.

Nothing to do but wait and to take it one week at a time.
I'm 29 weeks now, 5 weeks to go before reaching 34 weeks - the week where it's safe to deliver early.

Thankful to my doctor, all the nurses, my husband, my parents, my in laws, my extended family and friends who have been with us through this ordeal and those who have kept us in their prayers.





No comments:

Post a Comment