Friday, May 3, 2013

Days After

Just want to say that the whole CS journey was painful the first 24 hours but it became bearable afterwards.  When the oxytocin drip was finished off, the tummy pain became lesser.  I followed friends' advice to be mobile the day after the operation.  I did just that, not just for the pain, but also to see the baby at the NICU.  I was able to stand up and walk short distances the day after.  After 2 days, I was already able to walk longer distances without any wheelchair help.  There was still some amount of pain especially whenever I sit down and stand up, nothing that any woman cannot handle.

I was also amazed about the wonders of medicine.  The day after the operation, my doctor already changed my dressing to Tegaderm which is a water proof seal with gauze inside to make sure that the incision remains in place even if you take a shower.  This enabled me to take a bath at once...best feeling ever :) 

Overall, I really thought that having a CS delivery is dreadful with the pain that comes with its post-op recovery.  It was not really that bad afterall.

Normaly Delivery Fail...Getting ready for the CS Delivery w Daddy

Baby Out

24 Hours After...was able to walk inside the room

48 Hours After, was able to walk longer distances outisde the room

No comments:

Post a Comment