Friday, April 26, 2013

Gavin Emmanuel

After the baby shower last Sunday, I found out that I was already 3cm dilated the following day.  Wewaited until Wednesday to be admitted in the hospital.  I was pushing for a normal delivery
with my OB and was optimistic with a progress to 4CM in 2 hours.  It improved to 5CM after 3 hours, but unfortunately got stuck at 6cm for another 4 hours.  Since my cervix was already opening days and weeks ago, the probability for infection for the baby was quite high.  Due to this, we decided to just push through with a CS delivery, safest and fastest possible route.

Our son, Gavin Emmanuel arrived yesterday, April 25 at 942am at Genesis, Asian Hospital.  He was five lbs and 7 ounches, a good weight for a 35 weeker.  I fell asleep during the delivery, hence I couldn't remember hearing his first cry.  Fortunately, my husband was in there with me and he was able to document everything :) 

Delivering via C section is not an easy thing.  It's really physically painful, I never prayed so hard in my whole life for God to take the pain away. I'm still hoping that it gets easier in the days to come :)

In the end, it's all worth it all for our baby :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment