Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Year New Adventures

The start of 2013 marks my 5th month of pregnancy.
It also marks my return to work by Feb. 1.
I feel that I somewhat miss work, but being a homebody the past couple of months has its perks too.
Hence, I'm facing the next couple of weeks with mixed emotions.

Prior to my actual return, my OB-GYN, Dra. Eileen Manalo, wanted to conduct another check-up to make sure that everything is good to go.  So I went to her clinic at SLGC, expecting that everything is already in order with the little one.  However, the little one has other plans.  When we checked in the ultrasound, we saw that my cervix was funneling which leads to preterm labor...I'm still early in my term to have PTL, hence back to the bed to rest my body some more in the hope that the cervix closes again.

My return to work is now delayed for a bit.  Hopefully, in a a few week's time, everything will be back to normal.  I guess, the little one inside me is now the ultimate boss!!!

In the other neck of the woods, my OGTT came back normal, yey! The congenital anomaly scan also gave good results...still a lot of things to be thankful for.

Lastly, my 5th month was ended by big family celebrations with my brother in law's wedding and other family get togethers.  Here's to an exciting and fortune filled Year of The Snake!

                                                 Tummy at 5 months

                                                    Cruz & Nones Families


No comments:

Post a Comment