Thursday, August 29, 2013

Zoom Zoom Zoom

It has been four months since I gave birth and I'm getting a bit sentimental. 
When I started this blog, it was to have something to do to keep my sanity over the long extended bed rest and all my hospitalizations. I did not have any idea on what motherhood will be, what my child will look like, how it will be to give birth and so on.

I can still remember every single thing that I did the day before giving birth.
I remember that my husband and I stopped by the gasoline station to eat hotdog before we went to Genesis.  That time, I was already thinking that it was the last time that it will just be the two of us.
Come tomorrow, there will be a little one to take care of.

You will see in my past entries the ordeal we went thru when Gavin was born.
One of our friends told me when I was narrating my sleepless nights that I should cherish it because they grow up pretty fast...that I will look back at it with fondness and that I will miss it someday. 

That someday is today.  At four months, Gavin cannot fit into his newborn clothes anymore.
He has outgrown his co-sleeper.  He has learned to control his head upright. 
He can now see as far as the end of the room.  We have even started him on solids today.




I miss the times that I can carry him with just one arm.
I miss that he can fit into his swaddle and can spend the whole day sleeping in our arms.
I miss our time together, even if I felt that my time revolved around him entirely.
I miss changing diapers 6x a day.  I miss his little mittens.
I miss his full head of hair.  

I am keeping this blog so I can jot down our memories together.
Time runs by really fast. 
If I can just freeze it for a bit sana.

Gavin, please don't grow up yet.
I'd like to have my little baby for a longer stretch <3




No comments:

Post a Comment