Monday, February 24, 2014

Breastfeeding Stations 5

I visited Tokyo sometime not so long ago.  I was gone for a bit longer than usual and I had to come up with 40 packs of 3oz milk for Gavin.  I thought I couldn't do it, but I managed to complete it a day before I left.  I never ever world hard to achieve something like this my whole life and I don't think I have the powers to repeat his again.  So posterity's sake, here's what my body was able to produce as nourishment to Gavineee.



I was also amazed that in Tokyo, there is a nursery/breastfeeding room in every floor of each and every building.  How cool is that huh?  I was so happy never having to worry where I can pump quietly and clean the membranes of my Medela.

Narita Airport-Arrival Area
Upon landing I chanced upon this nursery before going through Immigration.
This has got to be the most efficient breastfeeding room with a functioning and clean crib, boiling water for milk, drying rack, etc.  they had two nursery/breastfeeding rooms per floor and hands down, this is the most well maintained nursery, even cleaner than Changi Airport's.


   Ang linis di ba?


Hotel in Tokyo
Even my hotel in Tokyo had a nursery on every floor in the areas that had retail establishments.
I really think this should be enacted in every country, that an area for breastfeeding be found in every floor.  In Manila, it's so hard to walk in Mall of Asia for example, to find the single breastfeeding room in the entire complex,  pagod at pawis ka na.

The toilets in Tokyo even had a baby seat on the wall where you can place your child while peeing.
I don't think any country can be more baby friendlier than Japan.  
Hats off to how much the Japanese give love and attention to moms and children :)





Narita Airport - Departure Wing
Again, found two nurseries per floor at each departure wing at Narita.
I used the ones before immigration! but he one near the gate has been the most fun and kid friendly nursery/breastfeeding area ever.

It had a play area similar to Gymboree outside and then a semi-private area where moms can breastfeed, change nappies, prepare milk, clean feeding items, etc.










No comments:

Post a Comment