Sunday, December 1, 2013

Grandparents are God's Gift To Children

I am lucky that my son is enjoying both sets of his grandparents!
I only grew up with both my grandmothers, but I never had the chance to fully spend time with any of my grandfathers.  I think that both G's grandparents are great, he is lucky that he is the first apo on both sides.  Excited ang lahat sa kanya! It has been quite sometime that there has been a baby in our families.  Ngayon, everytime we go to the mall, we never fail to drop by the baby shops or the toy store.  Ngayon, all of us have been extra patient and understanding when we see babies crying at the mall or in restaurants.  Before, we used to roll our eyes and think how dome these parents let their kids have a tantrum or run around.  With Gavin around, it has reminded us all that patience is a virtue and pacifying a crying baby would entail a lot of strength-physical and mental, from not just one, but all of us, hahahahahaha!!!


I am thankful that my mom takes care of Gavin while I'm at work.  She was the one who taught me a lot of things when Gavin was a little baby.  I am thankful that my dad always starts his morning looking for Gavin and goes home checking if Gavin is asleep or awake.  





I am thankful that his other set of Lolo and Lola would go the extra mile just to see him even if they live miles and miles away.  They have never failed to remember Gavin every 25th of the month and I know that even if we don't see each other everyday, that my son is in their thoughts and prayers every day.


Lastly, I am thankful that my Mama, my own Lola and Nanay, my other Lola are both alive to see Gavin.
Nanay is 90 and Mama is about 84.  Also, my dad's own yaya, Nanay Melia is also still alive and strong to carry Gavin and make him laugh.  Nanay Mel was also the one who took care of me when I was born :)

    Gavin with Mama

    Gavin with Nanay Mel
    The N at the background was made by hand by own great grandfather years ago :)
    How cool is that!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment