Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holidays

We started Christmas with the midnight mass at Rockwell.
We were blessed to have both our mother and father side join the mass, especially with Tita Nene and family's first time in fifteen years to be back in Manila for Christmas.




Noche Buena was celebrated at our place. Mama, my Lola cooked most of the meal, while I cooked the baked salmon :) We were about 30 people in total.  Dami talaga!!!
We ate, drank and merrily watched old home videos circa 80s-90s, mega laugh trip.





Of course, the highlight of the evening was opening the gifts.
It was my cousins, Ian and Mikee's first time to give gifts from their hard earned money having just joined the workforce.  Hence, gifts are more meaningful nowadays, baligtad na, the 'young ones' are the ones who give gifts to the uncles and aunties.



It was also Gavin's first Christmas.
I had to wake him up at the strike of midnight, but I didn't think he will stay up talaga.
I guess, my love for the season rubbed off on him...he was so excited to open his gifts and play.


I was also glad to see that my son puts a big smile on the faces of everyone he spends time with.
Here he is with our different family members and our angels at home- Emelie, Analyn and Yanna, who all love him dearly.


The following day, we had a late lunch at my mom's side of the family.
Brought another tray of the baked salmon :).  Everyone was really excited to spend time with our cousins from LA as we were all small kids when they left Manila.


We also had merienda with my in-law who travelled great lengths just to see their apo.
Cooked the spaghetti for merienda :)



Out last stop for the day was dinner at my Mama's house (my dad's mom) to celebrate Tita Belen's 50th birthday.  Lechon ang main course :). Did not have the energy to take photos during dinner, super pagod na talaga.

Nevertheless, it was a memorable Christmas, I will always and forever 2013 for my Christmas with the Little Man.






No comments:

Post a Comment