Friday, December 13, 2013

Looking Back

On our recent visit to Asian Hospital, we took the opportunity of passing by the neonatal intensive care unit of Asian Hospital.  In my early posts, you will see that Gavin spent ten long days there due to pneumonia.  My first few days as a mom were spent at the NICU, looking after Gavin, but unable to carry him.  This was also why I was able to get out of bed at once and walk in spite of my CS operation as I wanted to go there to be with Gavin.  It was also the reason why I did my very best to feed him breast milk, it was the only thing I can offer him, a chance for a good health.  Glad to let you know that he has never been sick since he was discharged.

    Past photo when he was still in critical care, he was only 8 months old.

   Ready to leave...at last!  Baby bubut with mommy*

    May 5, 2013 at 10am, happiest day of my life! 

I was so happy that the nurses who always looked after Gavin before were still there.
It gave us a chance to say thank you and to wish them a Merry Christmas :)



I also saw some moms who had babies in isolation. I hope that our visit gave them the confidence that all will be well.  I will forever be grateful to those who have looked after my baby during his early days.  Glad we were able to thank them personally.

We also had our picture taken at Genesis Center.
I had bittersweet memories of that wing because I stayed there for days or week long stays the four times I had a threatened early delivery.  The doctors and the wonderful nurses saved Gavin, really.
Worth it naman Diba. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment