Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March Blues

I was reading up on old posts and realized that this time last year, we were celebrating Holy Week. I remember the weather to being so hot that time that i ate halo halo and milkshake, sometimes both on the same day.  

This time last year, I was still on strict bed rest, peeing in my bed pan, watching tv the whole day, playing candy crush it fight boredom and not leaving the confines of my room. 

The baby inside my tummy was kicking and twirling and my agenda that week was to fatten him up to make sure he is big enough when I deliver.

My day would usually start w heparin shots, my concoction of different meds to drink, then I eat breakfast in bed.  I sleep after that then I wake up in time for Pls Be Careful With My Heart and lunch in bed after.  I have a doorbell ringer in my bedside to ask for help in eating, peeing, getting stuff beyond the bed etc.  I really don't miss eating while nakahilata. It was really so hard to cut the meat and put it inside your mouth when your head should be lower than your feet.  Yes, I had to lie in bed in the position w elevated legs 24 hours for months :#  I watch Ryzza in Eat Bulaga and Showtime then wait for Fashion Police in cable. It's a good day when the manicurista comes over to do my nails, otherwise, I sleep again after and wake up nearing dinner. 

If my dad is home early, my parents eat with me in the room while we all watch tv.  Evenings are for heparin shots again and Internet.  

The highlight of my week is the weekend when everyone is at home and there are more people to interact with while in bed.  I remember that during Black Saturday, my Father side relatives came over to visit over a yummy lunch and solid chikahan.  It was always a treat when I get visitors as it's really very lonely to be stuck in bed.  During Easter sunday, my mother side relatives dropped by before going to the beach. Ang Saya

No photos on this post because I barely have photos while pregnant.  I only had two maternity dresses and two maternity tops.  Since I was stuck lying down, there was no need to dress up at all, except when I go see my OB every week. Hence, no selfies, no photos.  I couldn't even have a decent haircut and I had to use the Kelly pad to wash my hair sometimes. 

Last year around this time, God placed a pause button to my life.  Everything became slow.  Suddenly, life became simpler.  It made me appreciate the simple beauty of life.  Feeling the sun on my skin, seeing the blue sky,  walking on grass, the rain on my cheeks...all these became non existent for a few months.  What mattered was the heartbeat inside my tummy and nothing else.  

I'm just nasesenti because looking back made me realize the huge difference that a year made.

Everything is different now, there is a magulong baby sleeping beside me :)
I barely have 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep now and watching tv has been a luxury.
My heart is bigger and braver because of him :)


No comments:

Post a Comment