Saturday, October 11, 2014

The End Of Being A Milk Mama

The past few months, I have been noticing that my milk supply has been decreasing steadily.
From pumping 4x a day mid year to just 3x a day (one in the morning before work, once at work and one before sleeping), to just expressing when I wake up and before I sleep.  That meant not bringing my extra Medela Bag at work and I can now wear straight up dresses without buttons.  

It went down to just once a day in the mornings, but I was still able to express 5 oz, them it went down to 4oz then 3 0z.  Afterwhich, I just pumped very other day and then the milk supply really became close to nothing.  




That's it, I guess, 17 months of being able to feed my son.  Ten of which exclusively and seven months mix feeding.  I'm grateful for having had a chance to do so.  Quite sad about stopping.
I will miss the complexities of expressing breastmilk as a working mom.
I will miss being his main source of nutrients.  I will miss that it's actually free :)

I still can't believe I managed to do it during work, during my travels, during important meetings, during shopping sprees and yes, even while driving. I will somewhat miss my breast friend Medela Freestyle who has been my constant daily companion aside from my son.  It has reached Tagaytay, Baguio, Bohol, Hongkong, Tokyo, Korea, Scotland, London and Singapore. 

Thank you God for enabling me to be able to feed the little boy.
Glad I sticked to my decision on providing him with the best :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment